The bodyweight training has gained an extraordinary popularity lately. This is due to the fact that no additional equipment is needed, exercises can be performed at home and usually take less time than a workout in the gym. The calories that can be burned are similar to the calories consumed in the gym.
How to make the bodyweight training even more effective:
1. Many repetitions in a short time - These exercises are due to a frequent repetition of an exercise, with very short rest periods and a frequent change of trained muscle groups. Most often the program starts with a cardio exercise that heats and tones the whole body. There are tightening exercises depending on the specific program, such as squats, abdominal presses or push-ups and plank.
2. Train to the level of advancement - workouts are most effective when they run daily. They often take 6-7 minutes if you are begginer and 15-20 minutes for advances and 40 minutes for outstanding results. The progress is greatest if you create a program with fewer exercises in shorter time and over time the duration and repetitions increase.
3. Breathing - One of the key factors in the performance of the exercises is the correct inhalation. It is important to inhale through your nose and to breath out through your mouth. The breathing is as important as the performance of the exercises.
4. Create a schedule – how often and how much time to train to respond to your everyday tasks and responsibilities. Choose a time zone where you have at least 10 free minutes each day and run the series then. So you will build your habit easier.
5. Choose the type of exercises, their repeatability and duration. You can make a preliminary study which exercises to which muscle group is responsible for or if you are unsure of your choice look for consultation with an expert. Another good alternative are the mobile applications for sports at home. In them, the exercises have a logical sequence, they often support options like body weight adjustment, calories received and consumed, and often there is a schedule reminder to remember you when is your next workout. YouTube.com is a good source, too. There is a large set of videos where instructors demonstrate modes for different muscle groups, including time and countdown. Most applications are free and are very effective because they are easy to use, look good, and keeping a good physical shape looks very enjoyable.
6. Follow diet - It is clear to all that food is important, but let's remind you, that you should eat less often. If possible, keep at least 4 hours between meals and at least 4 hours of falling asleep and last feeding.
7. Take plenty of fluids – Preferably water and tea, without sugar. Feeding is recommended between 3 and 6 times a day, depending on the amount. Avoid fried, oily and high-carbohydrate foods.
• If you have the feeling that an exercise is very easy, pay attention to its performance - perform it slowly, with controlled breathing and as concentrated as possible.
• • You can add extra weight, which will surely make the load bigger. A good option is to take two bottles of mineral water filled with liquid or dumbbells if you have them.
• If you have dumbbells, you can use them in abdominal presses for extra weight by grasping them in time and putting them over your chest during exercise. When lifting your toes or dice, you can take the dumbbells again to make it harder to perform.
• Always warm your joints for at least 30-40 seconds before training and stretch your body after a workout. This will increase the elasticity of your muscles and their contacts, and you will reduce the possibility of muscle fever.